Bitcoin Debit Card UK And What You Should Know About It?
Although crypto will act precisely like standard currency, there is no physical form of this currency. Undoubtedly, this is also a disadvantage of cryptocurrency due to needing an official entity; therefore, it is not easy to use crypto on goods and services.
But for this problem, Bitcoin debit card UK work as a solution. You can use this card to spend on goods and services.
There are a lot of benefits of having a debit card, Bitcoin, as this can even be used to withdraw cash from ATMs. In this guide, you will learn everything you should know about debit cards for cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin debit cards in the UK allow you to spend your cryptocurrency like traditional money by converting it into fiat currency.
- To get a Bitcoin debit card, you need a Bitcoin wallet from the same company and then choose a card according to your spending habits and fee structure.
- Coinbase, BlockCard, Wirex, Blockfi, and Bitpay are some of the best Bitcoin debit cards available in the UK, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Coinbase is the best overall Bitcoin debit card, while BlockCard has the lowest fees, Wirex offers the best perks, Blockfi has the best cashback, and Bitpay is best for US residents.
- Bitcoin debit cards can be used anywhere that accepts ATM cards for physical and online payments.
Is There A Bitcoin Debit Card UK?
You can’t use Bitcoin directly to buy goods and services. If you want to spend your crypto coins, you should first convert them into fiat currency, which is tradable.
You can trade your Bitcoin into US dollars or Euros. The most convenient way to use your Bitcoin directly is using a UK crypto bank card.
These UK debit cards work the same as all other ordinary debit cards. However, the only considerable change you have while having a cryptocurrency debit card is the conversion and processing fees. Although all your bitcoin will be directly converted into any fiat currency, you want.
Later you can use these Bitcoin debit cards any place where ATM cards are acceptable, which means they can be used for physical and online payments.
How Do I Get A Bitcoin Debit Card?
The very first thing you should have before getting a Bitcoin debit card is a Bitcoin wallet from the same company offering debit card for Bitcoin. Now open your account and choose the company from Coinbase, bitpay, Wirex, and Cryptopay. So you can purchase a debit card.
Always choose the account according to your spending habits and different circumstances because the fees will be charged accordingly.
Before making any final decision, always look around and compare the rates to see various fees structure of other crypto visa debit cards UK.
Once you are ready and decide which card will work best for you, you can pay the correct fees through online transactions and get your card.
What Crypto Cards Are Available In The UK?
Different crypto exchanges offer you to buy Bitcoin debit cards in the UK; here are some of the best Ones.
1. Coinbase: Best Overall
- Fees: cryptocurrency liquidation fees are 2.49%.
- It can easily support eight cryptos.
- You will get 4% of the reward back.
Why Choose It?
For Bitcoin debit cards, no doubt Coinbase is the top choice. These cards let you use them anywhere and can easily support over eight cryptocurrencies with robust security.
- Visa is accepted anywhere you want.
- It uses in multiple cryptocurrency wallets for payments.
- Provide you with numerous security features.
- You should have a Coinbase account.
2. Blockcard: Best Low-Fee Card
- Fees: $2 foreign transaction fees, $3 ATM withdrawal fees, and $5 monthly fees.
- It supports more than 14 cryptos easily.
- You will get 6.38% off Cashback rewards.
Why Choose It?
If you want a Bitcoin debit card with a low fee, BlockCard is the best option. You charged any deposit, withdrawal, or exchange fees. And there is only a minimal fee.
- No transaction, withdrawal, or exchange fees.
- Cashback rewards.
- Flat monthly fees.
- To make any purchase, you must have Tornio Tokens.
- Know your customer verification.
3. Wirex: Best For Cardholder Perks
- Fees: 0% account fees.
- It can easily support more than 150 traditional and fiat currencies.
- You will be rewarded with 8% Cashback.
Why Choose It?
For all cardholders, Wirex has a lot of perks. With free ATM withdrawal, you will get over 8% off Cashback. You have the best ability to earn BTC, ETH, and fiat currencies.
- Referral bonuses with Cashback.
- 150% fiat and traditional currency supported.
- 0% monthly or insurance fees.
- For rewards, you should have a balance in Wirex.
4. Blockfi: Best For Cashback
- Fees: $0 foreign transaction fees, $0 annual fees.
- It can support more than 15 cryptos.
- 1.5% Cashback Rewards.
Why Choose It?
As a crypto card holder, if you want 1.5% generous Cashback, with yearly spending of $2 after $30,000.
- 1.5% Cashback.
- Only support more than 15 currencies.
5. Bitpay: Best For US Residents
- Fees: foreign transaction fees are 3%, and ATM withdrawal fees are $2.50.
- It can support seven cryptocurrencies.
- No rewards
Why Choose It?
For the cryptocurrency enthusiast living in the US, Bitpay is the top choice. This debit card doesn’t have any exchange fees in the US, and you can use it anywhere. Master card also accepted.
- Easy access in all 50 states.
- You can use it throughout the world.
- Within the US, you don’t have to pay any conversion fees.
- You need to apply driver’s license number and social security number
- This card can’t be shipped to a PO Box.
Yes, you can use a crypto debit card UK to buy Bitcoin. In the UK, many financial institutions and banks allow you to buy Bitcoin through credit or debit card transactions. In the UK, many popular exchanges will enable you to buy Bitcoin with a debit card UK.
Different crypto exchanges typically offer Bitcoin debit cards. Individually, you must make an account or digital wallet to purchase or apply for a debit card.
The Bitcoin debit cards work similarly to prepaid cards, which you must load with Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. Later these cards can be used online or for in-store purchases which didn’t accept direct cryptocurrency. These cards are specially designed to convert cryptocurrency into any fiat currency you want to make any purchase.
When it comes to Bitcoin debit cards UK, you have many options. Whether you are searching for a card with minimum fees, impressive cashback rates, or support for many cryptocurrencies, you have a lot of choices. But we have gathered those debit cards have maximum features. And our best pick of all is Coinbase.