Epic CEO Refutes “Metaverse is Dead” | 600M Investing
Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic Games, claimed the Metaverse had peaked and poked fun at an article in a recent business insider.
The report mentioned that Epic CEO refuted “Metaverse is Dead” and Meta’s Horizon Worlds virtual reality (VR) platform. This platform, according to Zitron, has fallen short of its high ambition of becoming the Internet of the future.
- The chief executive of Epic Games is making fun of an article suggesting “Metaverse is dead.”
- As the corporate sector stopped using it, the once-hype technology was dead.
- Meta’s Horizon Worlds virtual reality platform is falling short of its high ambition of becoming the Internet future.
- Epic Games invested $2 billion in advancing the Metaverse ambition of the company.
- The IRKBI and Sony Group invested $1 billion each.
Tim Sweeney, CEO of Epic Games, has made jokes about the idea that online virtual worlds are not anymore and is still enthusiastic about the Metaverse.
Epic CEO Refutes “Metaverse is Dead”
According to this article, the opposite side as scenarios of Metaverses that appear to have fallen short of demands is Yuga and Decentraland Labs. Furthermore, it asserted that investors are now focusing on the newest big technology trend, generative AI.
However, Sweeney doesn’t seem to agree, claiming that 600 million people utilize platforms for virtual worlds like Roblox, VR Chat, Fortnite, The Sandbox, and Minecraft. These platforms may grieve its passing in real-time 3D collectively.
Epic Games reported a $2 billion investment round in April 2022 to advance the company’s Metaverse ambitions. The IRKBI and Sony Group, the holding company for the LEGO Group, each invested $1 billion.
It happened soon after Epic Games and LEGO Group declared their long-term agreement to create a family-friendly Metaverse.
Neither firm has yet unveiled its plans. However, the Chief executive of Lego Group, Niels Christiansen, tells the Financial Times that the company plans to reveal more information on the partnership.
The Reaction of Crypto Titans to Epic CEO Refutes “Metaverse is Dead”
Crypto Trader Pro took to Twitter and announced that the chief executive of Epic disagrees about the expiry of Metaverse.
BTFDNEWS.EtH took to Twitter and announced that Tim Sweeney made fun of the recommendation that the online virtual world is no more.
VirtualCoinCap took to Twitter and announced that the CEO of Epic Games is making fun of the article of the business insider mentioning the death of the Metaverse.
Do You Know?
- Epic CEO Tim Sweeney recently stirred up the metaverse community when he mocked the notion that the metaverse is “dead”.
- In response, Sweeney stated that Epic Games will be investing $600 million into the metaverse over the next two years.
- The metaverse is a term used to refer to a computer-generated space that allows users from around the world to interact in a shared environment.
- Epic Games is a leading video game and software development company that is best known for its popular game Fortnite.
- Sweeney’s comment has caused a wave of excitement throughout the metaverse community, who are excited to see what Epic Games will bring to the metaverse.
A recent article by business insiders suggests that Metaverse is dead. The chief executive of Epic Games, named Tim Sweeney, is making fun of this statement. However, the CEO of Epic Games is still enthusiastic about Metaverse and invested $2 billion in advancing the Metaverse ambitions of the company.