Spotting Real NFTs - Guide for Smart Collectors
Ensure that your purchase is fake or real NFTs. When blockchain shows the item, it doesn’t give its authenticity Provence, and these results make things complicated.
The authenticity of something doesn’t depend on whether it is on a blockchain or not. The decentralization verifies the authenticity of the blockchain as a whole, and it may sound strange.
From the technical point of view, no one can stop me from uploading the picture of the Mona Lisa on the marketplace of real NFT, but if I do, then it is not real.
- Blockchain decentralization verifies the authenticity of the whole system, not just individual NFTs.
- Blockchain only shows NFT items, not their proof of authenticity, making it difficult to determine.
- To verify NFT authenticity, check the artist/seller identity, website, contact address, sales volume, and price, and use reverse image search.
- Verified collections of NFTs are the best way to verify authenticity, with Opensea using blue badges for this purpose.
- Provenance is important in digital collectibles, and blockchain content on Google and Wikipedia can be used for verification.
William announced on Twitter that you must ensure its authenticity if you are doing non-fragile trading.
How To Verify Real Or Fake NFTs?
- Check the NFT artist or seller’s identity
- Carefully Check the NFT’s Website
- Verify the NFT’s Contact address
- Check the NFT’s Sales Volume
- Look at the NFT’s Price
- Use a reverse image search
The marketplace certifies projects or artists known as Verified collections of NFT. This is the best way to verify product authenticity. The most popular NFT marketplace, Opensea, uses a blue badge to verify the collection.
Moreover, some marketplace verifies collection based on looser qualification like connecting to a verified Twitter account. So. Greater your trust in the verification of collection, the more you trust NFT collection.
AnalyticKit announced on Twitter that those new to NFT and unaware of its authenticity should read the latest article on NFT’s provenance.
Provenance is important in digital collectibles. It refers to the history of ownership and origin of the items. We believe that the product is real if we know the owner of the product.
When you explore the website for something to verify its authenticity, the blockchain content present on the Google search and Wikipedia are real results of the NFT marketplace. Also, learn how to connect with blockchain directly for Provence. Etherscan is the famous site of the blockchain Ethereum.
In art, if you buy something from an artist, you want to ensure its authenticity, but if You have a landscape hung on your room wall, you will easily buy online without any doubt. The same case is with NFT. You change the Twitter icon to show an NFT that is an actual collection’s copy.
Moreover, take the example of NFT’s Ape Yacht Club collection. This item is expensive, and well-known celebrities owe this.
NFTRadius announced on Twitter that the guided tutorial of NFT is for smart Collectors to confirm whether it is real or Fake.
Let’s see how scammers make fake NFTs. The picture not even saved on the blockchain is called the NFT. It is just a traditional image store in the decentralized solution. Based on this concept, anyone can deploy blockchain and create NFT.
However, make smart choices to deal with such situations. Make wise decisions, research about marketplace’s verification process, history of NFT and blockchain hosted on.